Our part-time Executive MBA is the perfect opportunity for busy professionals to push their career forward.
Designed for senior executives, our Executive MBA lets you:
- study part-time, with just three days a month on campus
- access a challenging programme designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need
- develop knowledge of the latest industry research and how to apply it to different areas
- gain fresh perspectives on issues affecting your company and how to overcome them
- access valuable knowledge and experience from a network of academics, peers and other organisations
- develop yourself as a confident and ambitious leader
Key entry requirements
- Minimum five years’ experience at management level
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree
- We’ll consider candidates who don’t hold a degree but do have considerable work experience
- International applicants may need to pass an English language test
1 September 2023
Title of award
Master of Business Administration
Length of course
Mode of attendance
19 October 2023
Study while you work
An MBA built for busy professionals. Our Executive MBA lets you study part-time, with just three days a month on campus (two weekdays and a Saturday). Find out more about the programme and structure.
Capstone consulting project
Taking on the role of a professional consultant at your own organisation, you’ll explore a real business issue that’s of interest to you and your employer. You’ll enhance your learning by applying it to your chosen issue and developing practical solutions.
Worth 33% of your final degree, the project takes place once you have completed the taught modules.
Leadership Development Programme
Our Leadership Development Programme runs alongside the taught EMBA components. You’ll spend one day every two months exploring a range of themes designed to build up your leadership toolkit, enabling you to make the journey from manager to leader.
Your new network
Our Executive MBA attracts students from a range of backgrounds. They will build your new professional network. Gain insights from people from a mix of industries by studying with executives who are at different stages of their MBA.
Dedicated career support during and after your MBA
Our MBA Careers Team and personal and professional development programme help give you the tools and knowledge to accelerate your career. From executive coaching to individual support tailored to your career ambitions, we can help you push your career to new heights.
Your career support continues after you graduate. Our MBA Careers Team will be available to you for three years after you finish to help you as your career grows.
Join our global network
Our supportive alumni network comprises over 22,000 graduates, living in more than 130 countries. Connect with and get advice from graduates working in every industry you can think of. Find out more about Bath Connection.
You’ll study one module at a time. Each module will run for two consecutive months.
We’ve designed the programme to be both employer and employee friendly: you will only spend three days a month on campus (Thursday to Saturday). This will give you time to engage and network with your tutors and classmates.
The programme will require around ten hours of study each week. It combines:
- active learning and reflection
- both theory and practical work
- group project work
- personal development
- individual study
How it works
Duration: two years.
Programme format: three days a month in the classroom (Thursday to Saturday), plus some independent study.
Total days away from work: 40 (assumes Saturday is not a working day).
Curriculum: ten core modules and a consulting project with your own organisation. Read more about the Executive MBA programme content.
We’re looking for motivated people with:
- minimum five years’ work experience at management level
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree
- the confidence to offer and question ideas
- the ability to develop clear and reasoned arguments
We will consider candidates who don’t hold a degree but do have considerable work experience.
Average years’ managerial experience
Average years’ work experience
Different employment sectors
Find out more about funding and scholarships