Entry to the Bath MBA is competitive. We will consider all aspects of your application when evaluating candidates.
We are looking for motivated candidates with drive, talent and potential. We want our students to take what they’ve learnt and use it to make a significant contribution both in the classroom and in the global community.
Full-time MBA application deadlines
- Overseas: 31 July 2022
- UK/EU applications: 31 August 2022
Scholarship application deadlines
- Round 1: apply by 31 December 2021 for a decision by 31 January 2022
- Round 2: apply by 31 March 2022 for a decision by 30 April 2022
- Round 3: apply by 30 June 2022 for a decision by 31 July 2022
- Round 4: apply after 30 June 2022 for any additional scholarships available for a decision in September 2022
At least three years of full-time, post-graduation work experience with evidence of career progression.
2:1 or above undergraduate degree or international equivalent.
We will consider candidates who don’t hold a degree but do have considerable work experience. If you want us to assess your experience, send us your CV.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
You do not need GMAT to study our MBA, but we welcome applicants with a GMAT score. Submit your GMAT score in your MBA application and we will consider it along with your other qualifications and experience. Find out more about GMAT.
We accept a range of English tests including:
- IELTS (academic): 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each of the four components)
- PTE Academic (Pearson): 69 (at least 62 in each component)
- TOEFL. iBT 100 overall (at least 24 in each component)
Your results must normally be no more than two years old from the start date of the MBA.
Pre-sessional English courses
If you have already taken an English language test but do not meet our language requirements, you can apply to take a pre-sessional English course at the University of Bath. Read about these courses on the Academic Skills Centre website.
English language combined offers
If you have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or 6.0 you may qualify for a combined offer.
An overall IELTS score of 6.5 may allow you to take a five-week English course before your MBA. Each of your listening, reading, writing and speaking scores must be at least 6.0.
An overall IELTS score of 6.0 may allow you to take a ten-week course before your MBA. Each of your listening, reading, writing and speaking scores must be at least 5.5.
Benefits of the combined offer include:
- you only need one student visa and CAS
- you can go straight from the pre-sessional English course onto the MBA
- good preparation for your study
- time to get to know Bath and the University
For details of other English language courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not sure if you meet our entry criteria, you can send us your CV. We will assess your skills, education and experience and let you know if you meet our requirements.